Monday, December 24, 2007

I had cut down my smoking and wanted to quit altogether."shah rukh khan"















Megastar Shahrukh Khan regaled a wide-eyed audience of fans and media persons in Kolkata on Friday with his characteristic wit and a promise to cut down on smoking.


"The organisers have told me that they are distributing Rs 40 lakh among needy patients because I have just turned 40. I will meet you all again when I turn 100!" the 'King' Khan said as he handed over cheques to poor patients.
















Even young women journalists and policemen on duty could not resist taking pictures of the star on their mobile phones.

"I met old ladies in the wards of this hospital. And I met one lady whose nephew had broken his head trying to dance like me...I'm glad she let me go unscathed," he said.

To a question if he thought the law on banning on-screen smoking was any good, he said, "I respect the law.

On his own habit of chain smoking, Khan said," It is injurious to health. It is a bad habit. Anybody who doesn't smoke must not get into it ever. As for me, I am too old to give up bad habits!"

Known to smoke as many as 80 cigarettes a day, Khan, however, said he had cut down his smoking and wanted to quit altogether.

No comments: