Monday, December 24, 2007

Shahrukh Khan is the biggest ever celebrity endorsing Nokia mobiles





















Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan, who has been roped in as the brand ambassador of Nokia, a mobile phone manufacturer, maintained at the sets of the shooting of the advertisement that the presence of big names does not mean big sales.

Khan went on record to say that celebrity endorsement might not ensure an increase in the sale of a product.

"It is a matter of pride also when international companies use Indians from among us as brand (ambassadors). But to be honest, I can say that celebrities cannot ensure a rise in the sales figures," said Khan.

Khan vehemently denies the accusation.

"I went to meet the Indian cricket team. Now, they have a problem with me being there on the cricket ground. I meet them personally. There was a function for them in Lucknow, so I took my son with me. It was his birthday. Myself, Kareena, Keona and Diya performed," said Khan.

The advertisement which will go on air soon was shot by Pradeep Sarkar, who has earlier directed films such as 'Parineeta' and 'Laaga Chunari Me Daag'.

Shahrukh Khan is the biggest ever celebrity endorsing Nokia mobiles. The company plans to launch the television commercial first which would be followed by the print advertisements.

No comments: