Saturday, December 29, 2007

Nagesh Kuknoor set to release his first mainstream commercial film B2B.














NAGESH KUKNOOR
is all set to release his first mainstream commercial film Bombay To Bangkok (B2B) . The filmmaker who has a different vision for cinema has made outstanding films in Bollywood, but insists that they cannot be called 'non-commercial'.

SIX YEARS after "Dil Par Mat Le Hath Mein Le", became an anthem of alternative cinema, Nagesh Kukunoor is back with the sequel of Hyderabad Blues, promising more fun, a bigger budget, music and of course coffee.

"Coffee and tea keep me going. I can guzzle gallons," says Nagesh, sipping his favourite at Food Court, Lajpat Nagar in the heart of Delhi. "My day starts with black filter coffee.

Post breakfast, jasmine or green tea is a must, and I finish the day with a mug of black tea. And in between it can make an entry."

"I have dabbled in different genres," says Nagesh, "And Bombay To Bangkok is yet another different one. You can call it a typical masala film as this film is made with one lip sync song. It's a great genre to explore."

Thailand that inspired him for this one. "I've always liked Thailand as a place. I like to explore culture, so it was a great opportunity to take an Indian guy and a Thai girl. I used my movie as an excuse to understand the different cultures."








He continues, "It's important that I enjoy what I am making. So I've never concerned myself with how I am slotted because I work very hard and choose not to make typical kind of films."

B2B talks about a cook who steals money from the local town Bombay and then goes to Bangkok. There he meets to a massage parlor girl and then there's confusion. It was apparently Nagesh's favorite city,

Nagesh enjoyed shooting in Thailand. Speaking about the experience, he says, "I enjoyed so much that I am planning to shoot in Thailand for my next film as well. They don't understand English, so it was very difficult to communicate in the first week, but we got the hang of it and became aces at broken English. We got a very good local director, so that helped as well."

No comments: