Saturday, December 22, 2007

Katrina thinks that it’s time to move onto new roles










Actress KATRINA KAIF has had a blast doing comedy films, but now she thinks that it’s time to move on. Having got herself what she calls “a body of hits”, Katrina is now looking for more meat in her roles. “Enough is enough, otherwise audiences would start to believe that being a prop in comedy films is all I can do,” she said.

“I’ve done a series of them. Even Namastey London was comic, though it offered me a brilliant role. But I got a shock when I saw how much of me was there. More often than not the girl just hangs around in our comedies. I’ve done that repeatedly from my first film Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya. It does get a bit boring, she said.

Ask her if Welcome and then Singh Is Kingg (both with Akshay) were her last two comedies and the diplomat in Katrina surfaces. “I wouldn’t like to say anything so definite. As for Welcome, I’m quite kicked by it. This film is going to have the audiences hysterical with laughter. More than anything else, Anees Bazmee is a fantastic writer. I laughed at the scenes even while reading the script,” shared Katrina.

Hard to believe, but Welcome was one of the first films that Katrina signed. “Yes, it has been in the making for a long time. she said.

Branded a hit actress, especially with Akshay Kumar, Katrina must be burdened with the thought of making Welcome work. But the actual outcome depends on destiny.

No comments: