Sunday, December 16, 2007

I’m no Alice in Wonderland,says pretty actress mirza


















Diya Mirza I’m no Alice in Wonderland,” says this fiery Sagittarian, who rides horses, writes poetry, paints, and even knows pottery. In fact, at an age, when people are still chalking out their careers, this pretty actress has her head high among the stars and her feet firmly planted in Bollywood soil.

“I feel I am destiny’s child,” says the once beauty queen. “Things have just fallen into place for me. And I never really had to struggle for anything.” But ‘easy fame’ did have it’s downfall. “After a point, I just took my success for granted. In fact, the flops that followed actually gave me a rude jolt and woke me up to reality,” admits Diya Mirza as she talks about the phase when her films failed to garner much response at the BO. But, not the one to give in, Dia took the bitter failures in her stride and today her kitty boasts of projects that would have many turn green with envy. “I feel like I am reborn!” exclaims the actress who’s recent performances have earned her much acclaim.

And while her professional life seems to be going great guns, the lissome lass admits that personally too, she’s on quite a high.

Having had to deal with her share of link-ups, Dia reveals that there was a time when rumours of link-ups would give her sleepless nights. because I was being linked to every co-star and filmmaker. I would cry often. It would hurt that much. But then I realised, that it’s happening to everyone. And I can’t let such rumours affect me.”

A romantic at heart, she reveals that she’s waiting to be swept off her feet. “I’ve always been open about my relationship. And when love will happen, I won’t hide it. But as of now I’m single,” she says setting the record straight about her on-off status with actor Kunal Kapoor.

I’ve been hurt in love, more so because my sensitivity is my weakness. People walk all over me, but then, it’s also been my strength. Every time, I’ve been hurt, I’ve emerged stronger.

No comments: