Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The incident was amazing at shooting :Sonali Kulkarni


Sonali Kulkarni scene required her to interview a worker and ask of her plight, when a group of hoodlums force them to abandon the interview and get out of there.

While the shot was in progress, one of the actual rice field owners came up and asked the unit to leave the place. In spite of being told that the unit had got the necessary permissions, the owner wouldn’t give up and insisted they get out of there.



This Maharashtrian mulgi is doing well for herself in Bollywod which means her stars in the film world are bright after Mission Kashmir and Dil chahta hai. She's being noticed by filmmakers and given roles she's pleased to essay. Here she traces her journey into filmdom.

The director used his behaviour as a reference point, and asked his actors to behave the way the rice field owner was for the shot. Sonali found the incident pretty amusing. “It was uncanny,” she told us. It happens only in India!



The passion within me keeps me alive. I feel I should work in as many genres and languages as I can. I want to try new things and reach out to the whole world. I have worked hard to get here. I want to enjoy every moment of it.

I was born and brought up in Pune. I went to Abhinav Vidyalaya and was a fairly good student, always scoring 80s and 90s. I come from an academically inclined family - my dad is an engineer and my brothers are academically brilliant. I wanted to study in Ferguson College. I majored in Political Science from there and even got a scholarship in Marathi literature.



Stranger is about the emotional turmoil, mind games and a shockingly devious plot that forms the crux of the emotional thriller starring Jimmy Shergill, Kay Kay Menon, Nandana Sen and Sonali Kulkarni.

No comments: