Saturday, January 5, 2008

Amrita Rao shocking with controversies surrounding her.



AMRITA RAO is in shock at the current spate of controversies surrounding her. Recently a Mumbai tabloid reported that she was spotted with Shahid Kapoor and his family watching a film at a suburban multiplex.

How come people make all this storeis I was celebrating New Year's at home with my cousins. After that I had an early morning flight to catch to Delhi for the promotions of My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves .

Coming from a very well to do, Chitrapur Saraswat Brahmin family, this Gemini born (on June 17th) started her modeling career with ‘Fairever’ fairness cream ad but it was the Close-up ad that fetched her recognition.




















Within 18 months, she was the face that promoted Major Brands such as Clean & Clear Face Wash, Pantene Hair Wash, Wringly Chewing Gum, Domino's Pizza, Anne French, HMT Watches and a lot of South Indian ads.

But it was after the success of the Cadbury's Perk and the Bru coffee ad that movie offers started pouring in. Having modeled for nearly 35 ads, her decision to act in films didn't come as a surprise.



"Raj Kanwar saw that ad and got in touch with me for Ab Ke Baras opposite Arya Babbar, who was debuting in the film.” She continues, "Since Ab Ke Baras has a reincarnation theme and I get to portray two different characters in the film,I could not have asked for anything better.”

Rajkumar Santoshi approached Amrita after seeing her in a coffee ad but she turned down the film offer since she wanted to concentrate on her studies. Then came Legend of Bhagat Singh with the brief role of playing Bhagat Singh’s fiancĂ© and Amrita agreed.

Besides ‘Legend Of Bhagat Singh’ Amrita Rao was also seen in Ishq Vishq, Masti and Main Hoon Na. Fortunately for her, all the films became were a hit. Her latest release is Deewar with Akshaye Khanna.



The past few weeks I have been on a rollercoaster promoting the film in Ahmedbad, Delhi and other place. I haven't met Shahid for months. The last time I met Shahid was almost two months back when I shot for a promotional campaign for Vivah.

After that I've been touring cities for the promotion of My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves. Where is the time for me to go and watch a film in the theatre in all this mad rush? That too, with Shahid and his family. It is preposterous like how. I wish the person who wrote the story got his facts right this is full kind of rumour on me.



She is also upset that her name is being linked with her Vivah co star Shahid. "Shahid and Kareena's spilt came as a shock to me. I was shooting in Hyderabad for my Telugu film when I heard about their split. After that it was reported that Kareena got upset because I was spotted coming out of Shahid's van. She has always been more than nice to me, so where is this rumour starting from? It is baseless and sick.

First I had to counter that. Now I'm being spotted in some theatre watching a film with Shahid, when I was never actually present! It is blatant misreporting. Shahid is an extremely dignified
and a gentleman to the core.










He has always been a wonderful co star to work with and such baseless stories only make a working relationship uncomfortable. Fortunately for me, Shahid has the grace to laugh these rumours off.

But I have to take a stand because it is utterly ridiculous."Amrita sets the record straight once and for all. Hopefully it will shit all those loose talks coming in.

3 comments:

Joquim said...

You have an amazing blog. I really like the contents that you post. Would you be interested exchanging links with me. My website is www.pic27.blogspot.com

Btw, I just clicked some of your google ads:)

Wish you good luck!!

Joquim said...

Check out more hot photos here..
www.bollywoed.blogspot.com , www.glamspice.blogspot.com , www.bollytalks.blogspot.com , www.pic27.blogspot.com , www.finetube.blogspot.com

MostInside.Com said...

Latest Amrita Rao Pics

http://www.mostinside.com/amritha%20rao%20pics.html