Monday, January 14, 2008

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's first film after her marriage Jodhaa-Akbar to be relesed soon.







The supremely beautiful Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will now be seen as the queen of Hindustan Jodhaa Bai in Ashutosh Gowarikar's much-awaited film Jodhaa-Akbar due for release soon. During an exclusive tete-te-tete the glamour girl of Bollywood talked about her experiences while shooting for Jodhaa-Akbar, her life and more. Here are the excerpts.



Not only Aishwarya, but her fans and movie goers across India are waiting with bated breaths to see how the lady fares in her first film after her marriage to Abhishek Bachchan. The entire industry too is waiting eagerly.



It"s an interesting issue. Shooting of the film began before my marriage, took place during my marriage and continued afterwards too. As far as I am concerned, Jodhaa-Akbar includes all the aspects and time of my life that are closely related to my marriage.



Well, I will not claim that I have done justice to Jodhaa Bai"s character, but I am sure that I have done justice to the character of Jodhaa Bai as etched out by Ashutosh. I must say that it is a special quality in me that I always try and do justice to all the characters I play.However, it is true that this will be my first film to be released after marriage and hence it is of great importance to me.



In fact, people as well as the media have asked me time and again as to why I take so much time for make-up. I want to tell them that they should try and understand the pressure on us. Even before the actual job of acting begins, artistes have to spend hours sitting quietly while the make-up is done.




Although this in itself requires a lot of patience and endurance, no one realizes this as it is all behind the camera. To be precise, make-up is not only necessary to make one look more beautiful, but also important for the toning of the skin and face muscles. Abhishek is aware of this and hence he regards me for this quality of mine.




Earlier too, I have portrayed a number of characters about whom people and I have only read in books. But, while portraying these characters I have always given importance to what my director wants to depict on the cellulofid and I have done full justice every time. I have never tried to interpret the characters apart from the director"s point of view.

No comments: